Who we are
PELUM Zimbabwe is a network that aims to link the work of local civil society organisations in the broader areas of agro-ecology and community development. The network is part of PELUM Association, a regional network that was founded in 1995 to promote participatory ecological land use management practices for improved livelihoods. PELUM Zimbabwe has more than 25 members that are advocating, promoting and provoking debate, sharing information, and lobbying around issues relating to the way forward for sustainable agriculture and land use practices in Zimbabwe. The work of PELUM Zimbabwe is critical as Zimbabwe continues to transition to being primarily a small-scale farming country.
We believe in farming systems that are socially just, economically viable and ecologically sound, using participatory methodologies.
Our strategic objectives
- Networking: To develop a vibrant network that is member-driven by 2016.
- Collaboration with allies & Government: To establish effective links with Government and allies.
- Organisational development: To establish an active secretariat that is well supported by the board.
- Capacity building of member organisations & PELUM Zimbabwe staff: Capacity building of member organisations and PELUM Zimbabwe staff.
- Lobbying, campaigning & advocacy: To re-establish PELUM Zimbabwe as an agro-ecological platform to influence policy by 2016.